ABS performance (tough, hard, sex Just):
1. General can ABS appearance is opaque to ivory-colored granular material, non-toxic, tasteless, low water absorption rate of its products made into a variety of colors, and has a high gloss of 90%. The relative density of ABS is 1. $number, ABS and other materials of good adhesion, easy to surface printing, coating and coating treatment. ABS has an oxygen index of 18.2, is a flammable polymer, the flame is yellow, there is black smoke, charred but not dripping, and issued a special cinnamon flavor. ABS is a very good synthetic resin, in the relatively broad temperature range has a high impact strength and surface hardness, thermal deformation temperature than PA, PVC high, dimensional stability, shrinkage rate in 0.4% ~ 0.8% range, if the glass fiber reinforced can be reduced to 0.2% ~ 0.4%, And there is little plastic shrinkage. The critical surface tension is 34-38mn/cm. ABS melts are more liquid than PVC and PC, but worse than PE, PA and PS, similar to POM and hips. The Flow property of ABS belongs to non-Newtonian fluid, its melt viscosity is related to processing temperature and shearing rate, but it is more sensitive to shear rate.
2. Mechanical Properties ABS has excellent mechanical properties, its impact strength is excellent, can be used at very low temperature. Even if the ABS product is damaged, it can only be tensile damage rather than impact damage. ABS have good wear resistance, good dimensional stability, and oil resistance, can be used for medium load and rotational speed bearings. ABS is much more creep than PSF and PCs, but smaller than PA and Pom. The flexural strength and compressive strength of abs are poor in plastics. The mechanical properties of ABS are greatly influenced by the temperature.
3. Thermal Performance abs belongs to amorphous polymers, no obvious melting point, high melt viscosity, poor fluidity, poor weatherability, ultraviolet rays can make color change, heat deformation temperature is 70-107 ℃ (85 or so), the products can be improved by annealing 10 ℃ or so. The temperature and shear rate are sensitive, and the ABS can exhibit some toughness in the 40 ℃, which can be used for a long time in the temperature range of 40 ℃ to 85 ℃. Thermal decomposition temperature above 270
4. Electrical Properties ABS have good electrical insulation and are almost unaffected by temperature, humidity and frequency, and can be used in most environments.
5. Environmental Performance ABS is not affected by water, inorganic salts, alkali alcohols and hydrocarbon solvents and a variety of acids, but soluble in ketones, aldehydes and chlorinated hydrocarbons, by glacial acetic acid, vegetable oil and other erosion will produce stress cracking. ABS is poor weatherability, in the role of ultraviolet light easily degraded, placed outdoors six months later, the impact strength dropped by half.